Top 10 Hiking Destinations In India
Hiking now days is seen as a recreational activity. It is a natural exercise that promotes physical fitness an economical way to ensure your well being. Here is a list of the top 10 hiking destinations, that shall bowl you with the essence and beauty of the environment around.
- The Grand Indrahar Pass, Himachal Pradesh: If the mountains call for you, here is one such destination to take you closer. It’s a mountain pass located in the Dhauladhar range in the Himalayan section. The start off point for the trek is the Gulu Temple in Dharamsala.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh: Is considered as an epicenter of adventure in Himachal Pradesh. The best starting point for this trek is Soland Valley, also known locally known as Snow Point. There are some popular day hikes which might be of interest, including Bijli Mahadev and Dashaur Lake.
- Seven Sisters Trek, Himachal Pradesh: this group of peaks are one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The place is full of apple orchards and dotted with wooden temples embracing the historical view alongside pleasant climatic conditions.
- Doon Valley, Uttrakhand : a trek through flower meadows and thick forests, are sure to give you an adrenaline thrill. Har ki Doon Valley presents you a varied flora and fauna, located in the Garhwal Himalayas, you cannot see the shape of this valley when on your ground.
- Roopkund Trek, Uttranchal: blessed with deep virgin forests, break taking campsites and meadows, this seems to be a must trek for all the hikers out there.
- Tiger Hill, West Bengal: view the majestic contours of the Himalayas and Mount Kanchenjunga, is surely what Tiget hill aims to provide you. Capture the majestic sunrise and sunset view during the months of March and June.
- Markha Valley, Jammu, and Kashmir: it’s the highest trekking point of India, which is almosy=t 70% of Mount Everest. Though not an easy target, but this trek is glamorous and awesome from every corner.
- Great Lakes, Jammu and Kashmir: this trek is considered to be the most scenic and picturesque trek. With Srinagar as the starting point and Naranag as its end, the best time to enjoy this moderately difficult trek is from June to August, as the route is lush green and covered with flowers.
- Zanskar Frozen River, Ladakh:
popularly known as the Chadar Trek, this is a difficult trek to complete, for the night temperatures reaches to around -25 to -25 degrees.
- Dzongri & Goecha-La, Sikkim: The route takes you through the Kanchenjunga National Park, covering beautiful tropical coniferous woodlands and an array of colorful flora and fauna. You can also find various lush orchids, Himalayan bears, multi-colored pheasants, and other beautiful birds.
With your spirits high, we at SportsAdda intend to make your trek safe and comfortable. Be it a solo or a group trek make the most of it, with the luxury of Quechua Sleeping bags and tents. Go pro hero 5, filming the voyage of greenery, peace, and quiet. Get your thrill with these products right on your step. Step out to trek while our products keep you company, log in now on SportsAdda.in and experience the exhilaration trekking has to offer!